Many volunteers and others have contributed to South Australia’s great walking trails, walking clubs, and walking promotion and opportunities for health, wellbeing, recreation and tourism.
We’ve initiated annual awards to recognise sustained and outstanding contribution to walking at all levels throughout SA. If you know of someone who should be considered for an award please do consider nominating them.
We accept nominations throughout the year. 2018’s award nominations deadline is 14 September 2018.
2018 Award Presentation
Venue: The Jade, 142-160 Flinders Street, Adelaide SA 5000 (View Map)
Date: Thursday 11 October 2018
Time: 6.30pm for 7pm start, followed by networking and refreshments
- Longstanding Contribution /Distinguished Service Award – Individual
- Special Recognition Award – Individual
- Special Recognition Award – Group/Organisation
- Local Government Award – Individual
- Local Government Award – Organisation
Criteria for awards will encompass:
- Enhanced the development of walking in South Australia and/or
- Significantly furthered the objectives of Walking SA and/or
- Developed/supported the implementation of a significant walking project/activity and/or
- Added value to the wider community of South Australia
Nominations may be made by any South Australian nominators. Referees and nominees are not required to be members of Walking SA or of a walking club. We’ll also be pleased to consider self nominations.
We’re accepting nominations for the 2018 walking awards.