There are Guided Walks starting from the Expo site. These walks are being hosted by volunteers from our member hiking clubs and other organisations.
Walks range from 45mins to 3 hours, including child-friendly and Accessible options.
People are welcome to participate in these walks by registering on the day at the Expo site.
Last year walks sold out – to secure a place on your chosen guided walk book online from March 19 for $5 per person.
Details of Self-Guided Walks will be available at the expo from 9am until 1pm.
Share photos using #hikingexpo
We hope you enjoy your walk with us and your host walk leader. Share photos on social media using the hashtag #hikingexpo
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of your experience please read the following guidelines:
- You are responsible for your own fitness and preparedness for the walk.
- This includes wearing suitable footwear with adequate tread (this could be walking shoes, running shoes or hiking boots).
- If you have any questions about your fitness or the requirements of the walk, please ask us prior to commencing the walk. People with medication needs and / or special requirements should discuss their needs with us.
- You are responsible for carrying your own food (snacks), water (suggest 1-2L), some basic first aid equipment (suggest for blisters), and any required medication.
- The Guided Walks are a group experience. There will be walk leader at the start of the group, and another at the back of the group. The group may spread out, but will regularly re-group, typically at junctions or the top of hills.
- You should check with the walk leader before walking on ahead, and if you need to leave the group (for toileting, to withdraw from the walk, taking photos, or any other reason) please advise either the walk leader at the start of back of the group.
- You should ensure that walkers behind you are kept within eyesight.
- Please don’t bring pets along, as they may not be welcomed by others in the group
- Please don’t smoke or leave any litter.