An expo to celebrate the start of the South Australian bushwalking season. With the arrival of cooler autumn weather, hiking is an ideal outdoor activity. South Australia’s bushwalking clubs and Walking SA are coming together to celebrate the occasion with a unique day in Belair National Park.
- Expo of walking tours, walking destinations, outdoor retailers, walking clubs, free entry.
- Guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child-friendly and Accessible options. Guided Walks will depart every 10 minutes from 9:30am to 1pm.
- You can secure a place on a specific guided walk by registering online from Monday 19th March, or just arrive on the day and choose a guided walk to join.
Old Government House will be especially opened on the day by the Friends of Old Government House. Several of the guided walks include the House. Entry is by gold coin donation, with guided tours of the house and servants quarters, and self guided tours of the garden.
- Gums Oval, Belair National Park
9am to 1:30pm, Sunday 15th April 2018
2018-04-15 09:00:00 2018-04-15 13:30:00 Australia/Adelaide Hiking Expo Expo of all things hiking with guided walks https://www.walkingsa.org.au/expo/ Gums Oval, Belair National Park WalkingSA
- Free vehicle entry to national park for expo visitors
- Free entry to expo
- Guided Walks: gold coin donation to participate, or secure a place on your chosen guided walk for $5 per person – book online from March 19 2018
- Extended Guided Hikes: small fee, book online from March 19
There are guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child-friendly and Accessible options.
- Guided Walks depart the expo site every 10 minutes from 9:20am to 1pm
- Gold coin donation to participate, choose your walk when you arrive at the Expo
- Last year walks sold out - to secure a place on your chosen guided walk book online from March 19 for $5 per person
Extended Guided Hikes
- Two guided hikes hosted by our member hiking clubs will walk into the expo site from Mitcham and Wittunga
- Register with the host club from March 19