Given the recent announcements around effective measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19, we are cancelling our Hiking Expo. Community wellbeing is at the centre of what we do, and this is best way we can support community health.
We would like to say a big thank you to everyone who has already put in time organising stall information and volunteering to be part of our guided walks program. We are looking at other ways we can continue to support our central aim of encouraging more people to walk more often during these challenging times, especially given walking helps to boost our overall physical and mental health.
An expo to celebrate the start of the South Australian bushwalking season. With the arrival of cooler autumn weather, hiking is an ideal outdoor activity. South Australia’s bushwalking clubs and Walking SA are coming together to celebrate the occasion with a unique day in Belair National Park.
- Expo of walking tours, walking destinations, outdoor retailers, walking clubs, free entry. 9am to 2pm.
- Guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child-friendly and Accessible options. Guided Walks will depart every 10 minutes from 9:20am to 12:20pm.
- You can secure a place on a specific guided walk by registering online, or just arrive on the day and choose a guided walk to join.
- Main Oval, Belair National Park
9am to 2:00pm, Sunday 26th April 2020
- CANCELLED due to COVID-19
- Free vehicle entry to national park for expo visitors
- Free entry to expo
- Guided Walks: $5 on the day to participate, or secure a place on your chosen guided walk by purchasing a ticket online from March 2020
- Guided Walks
There are guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child-friendly and Accessible options.
Guided Walks depart the expo site every 10 minutes from 9:20am to 12:20pm.
Walks are $5 per person:
- Secure a place on your chosen guided walk book online from Thursday 14 March
- Arrive at the expo and choose from available walks