An expo to celebrate the start of the South Australian bushwalking season. With the arrival of cooler autumn weather, hiking is an ideal outdoor activity. South Australia’s bushwalking clubs and Walking SA are coming together to celebrate the occasion with a unique day in Belair National Park.
- Expo of walking tours, walking destinations, outdoor retailers, walking clubs, free entry. 9am to 2pm. View the list of exhibitors
- Guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child friendly, dog friendly and Accessible options. Walks depart every 10 minutes from 9:20am to 1pm. Secure a place on a specific guided walk by registering online, or just arrive on the day and choose a guided walk to join.
- NEW: Bushwalking equipment and experience demonstration stage
- NEW: Try out some orienteering on the day with come and try orienteering courses. There is a free string-orienteering course suitable for children, and for adults choose a courses from easy and short, to hard and long, find out more
- Main Oval, Belair National Park
9am to 2:00pm
Sunday 11th April 2021
- Free vehicle entry to national park for expo visitors
- Free entry to expo
- Guided Walks: $5 on the day to participate. Secure a place on your chosen guided walk by purchasing a ticket online
- Guided Walks
There are guided hikes ranging from 45mins to 3 hours, including child friendly, dog friendly and Accessible options.
Walks depart the expo site every 10 minutes from 9:20am to 1:00pm.
Walks are $5 per person:
- Secure a place on your chosen guided walk. View walks and secure your spot now.
- or arrive at the expo and choose from available walks
- Other Activities
Recycle your Quality Outdoor Gear
Promote sustainability by selling or donating outdoor gear to the Recycle Your Quality Outdoor Gear Stall. It could be shoes or a backpack that you bought but didn't turn out to be for you, but is still quite new, or it could be a used piece of gear that still has some life.
- View the stall brochure.
- Drop off items before the Expo to Hallett Cove, or at the stall on the day. View the information form to include with items.
Try out orienteering
Orienteering SA will be offering come and try orienteering courses on the day. Orienteering is a sport where competitors visit a number of points marked on the ground, controls, in the shortest possible time aided by a map and compass, and using the MapRunF smartphone app.
Try it out in a small group or alone. Orienteering is a sport for all ages – with competitors from about 5 years of age up into the 90s. It can be enjoyed as a recreational activity or a competitive sport.
FREE: String-orienteering course suitable for children: the course is marked from beginning to end so children follow the trail finding checkpoints along the way. Orienteering helps children to develop self reliance and spatial skills while they enjoy the puzzle of navigating and the physical activity. If your child enjoys a puzzle and the outdoors then this might be a great sport for them.
$5 per entry: A orienteering range of courses for adults. Choose from courses from easy and short, to hard and long. Register for the course, and use the MapRunF smartphone app to participate in the course. The time it takes to complete a course is from 10 minutes to an hour at the most.