Only 2 more sleeps to Sunday’s Hiking Expo in Belair National Park.
With 35 exhibitors there’s plenty to find out about walking destinations, who to go with and the best clothing and equipment.
We’ve packed goodie bags for the first 500 expo visitors, jammed full with offers and discounts from the exhibitors and info on other SA walking trails.
It’s not too late to register for one of the 25 guided walks – simply book online now for $5 to secure your chosen walk, or turn up on the day and choose from the available walks and make a gold coin donation. There’s a walk for everybody – walks suitable for children and families (check out Panda Child Carrier’s offer to try out their baby child carrying packs), Accessible walks, and walks ranging from 30mins to 3 hours.
Missed our post on getting to the Expo? Catch a train and enjoy a 20min walk, or drive – free vehicle entry for expo visitors, however car parking is limited. The Expo is at Gums Oval, near the main park entrance. View the location map and directions.
Food at the expo includes:
- Grab a sausage off the bbq, staffed by volunteers from the Friends of the Heysen Trail
- A delicious range of sandwiches, baked goods and cakes will be provided by the Friends of Belair National Park
- Grab a piece of free fruit for your walk
- Coffee will be available from Xpresso Mobile Café
- Refill your water bottles or have a drink of free water at the SA Water Quench Bench