Walk. Explore. Discover.
10am-3pm Sunday 6 April 2014
Rymill Park, Adelaide cnr East Tce and Bartels Ave
Walking can give you access to amazing places. Whether it’s exploring your own neighborhood, uncovering hidden street art in the CBD or discovering stunning views from a mountain top, two feet can take you there.
Come and join Walking SA for a celebration all forms of walking in Rymill Park on Sunday 6th April, 10:30am to 3pm.
Guided Discovery Walks leave Rymill Park. Just turn on the day 15 minutes before the scheduled walk time with yourself, shoes or runners for walking and some water. Discovery Walks on the day include:
- 10:30am Discover the Botanic Gardens, a 1 hour walk by the Friends of the Botanic Gardens
- 10:30am Discover Inner Adelaide Street Art, a 1.5 hour walk by the Friends of the Heysen Trail
- 10:30am Discover Outer Adelaide Statues, a 2 hour walk by the Friends of the Heysen Trail
- 11:00am Discover the Botanic Gardens, a 1 hour walk by the Friends of the Botanic Gardens
- 11:00am Discover the East End, a 1 hour walk by the WEA Ramblers
- 12:00pm Discover Historical Adelaide, a 1 hour walk by Adelaide Bushwalkers
- 1:00pm Discover Public Art of Adelaide, a 1 hour walk by Adelaide Bushwalkers
- 2:00pm Discover the Botanic Gardens, a 1 hour walk by the Friends of the Botanic Gardens
Local outdoor stores will be showcasing the latest walking gear and walking clubs and tour operators will be there to provide advice. Grab a bargain from the pre-loved walking gear sale by the Friends of the Heysen Trail. Stalls include:
- Scout Outdoor Centre
- The Map Shop
- National Trust – Hahndorf Branch
- Yellow Umbrella walking tours
- Ghost Crime Tours
Find out more about Adelaide’s walking clubs, there’s one to suit your style of walking from 2 hour walks to full day hikes to multi-day treks. Walking club stalls include:
- Walking SA
- Adelaide Bushwalkers
- Friends of the Heysen Trail
- Skyliner Walking Group
- WEA Ramblers
- Keep Walking
- Friends of the Camino Trail
- Friends of the Botanic Gardens
- The Heart Foundation
Grab a tasty treat from Camden Park Scout Group fundraiser BBQ or from Bodhri’s Bakery.
Walking is an activity everyone can do at their own pace but if you’re looking to extend your walking opportunities Walking SA can provide information on different walking clubs. Many clubs will have representatives there on the day ready to answer all your questions.
Walking is a great way to be active and experience the outdoors so whether you’re a seasoned walker or an absolute beginner come and join the celebration.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
You’re just two feet away from some of the best places in South Australia.