Late last month Walking SA held a Club Presidents Forum for club representatives. The event was a huge success, providing an opportunity for the Board to engage with representatives of Clubs in an open discussion regarding Walking SA. We received some very helpful and valuable input on the night which we will include in our forward planning. View a snapshot of the forum.
Walking SA will be involved in the Belair National Park Open Day on Sunday 3 May. The event starts and 10am and concludes at 5pm. Come along and visit our stand if you are in the area – we will have trail maps available and Board Members on hand to answer any questions you may have about Walking SA.
Finally, the Heart Foundation is celebrating 20 years of Heart Foundation Walking with two walks that you are invited to attend. The first walk will be held on 2 May and again on 8 May. Please support the Heart Foundation and join one of the walks to celebrate their achievements with walking promotion.
This month we feature:
- Free program of discovery walks in national parks, Walking SA info stand at at Belair National Park 3rd May
- Walking at least two hours a week can cut your chances of dying early
- Find a Place to Walk Entry: New walking trails at Hiltaba Nature Reserve
- Feedback sought on future direction of Adelaide’s national parks
- Heart Foundation Walking celebrating May 2015 Heart Week with walks
- Walk the Yorke, 500km Trail, project update
- Government response to Mt Lofty Ranges mountain biking destination
- Presidents Forum in open discussion regarding future plans
- Current grant opportunities and tips for grant submissions
We hope that you enjoy this latest edition of news from Walking SA.
Chair, Walking SA