Over the last two months Walking SA has been engaged with the following in regard to representing the walking community: –
- Adelaide City Council – Bike Summit
- Dept. of Planning Transport and Infrastructure (DPTI) – 30 Year Plan for Greater Adelaide
- Burnside Council – Recreation Trails Strategy
- Unley Council – Unley Integrated Transport Strategy
- Office for Recreation and Sport – Trails usage – walkers and mountain bike riders
- DPTI – Motorbike lane filtering
- Local Government – a range of local government engagement is underway
- Wirraparinga Trails project – see separate item below
- Dept. of Environment Water and Natural Resources (DENWR) – “I share my Trail” campaign development
As well as they we have met with Minister Mullighan to raise awareness of Walking SA, the needs of the walking community and our desire to be part of the planning process for all projects impacting upon walking. The Minster was totally supportive of that and we have since been consulted on a number of issues.
If you have issues or concerns, please advise us at Walking SA so we can add that into our information bank for advocacy purposes to the relevant authorities.