Trails Less Travelled: Hike Mt Lofty from a different direction
8am Sunday 16 October
- The rangers at National Parks and Wildlife Service SA have reviewed and given the all clear for all our hikes.
- You can grab a detailed map of the hikes of the event’s hikes
- How to register:
- Visit the event page
- Review the 9 Hike Options and choose one
- Register (it’s free)
- At the top:
- stroll among the stall holders of walking clubs, retailers and tour companies
- there’s fresh drinking water and toilets at the top
- grab a coffee or bite to eat at the Summit Cafe
- Getting back afterwards
- Some host clubs will offer to also walk back via the same route or another route.
- You may choose to walk your own route to return, or retrace your steps.
- If you’re hiking with a friend you could park a second car at the top before the hike, and drive back to the start in your first car. Then when you reach the top you have a car to drive down in, back to collect the first car.
- Adelaide Metro bus service 823 stops at Mt Lofty Summit at 10:42am, 1:42pm and 4:42pm. The bus service originates in Cleland Wildlife Park and goes to Crafers Park N Ride stop 24 (by the freeway), with connections to the city and hills.