Saturday April 24 2021
Onkaparinga River National Park
Choose from two sessions timeslots: 9am or 1:30pm
Join an experienced leader from Walking SA for a guided walk & bushwalking skills session in the spectacular Onkaparinga River National Park.
This 3-hour session will include a 2 hour hike in the park plus some time to have a chat and learn about:
- How to plan and be well prepared for a hike
- How to stay comfortable while walking
- Equipment should you take with you
- Navigation and map resources
- What to do in an emergency
- Rules and guidelines about walking in parks
- The principles of Leave No Trace
- Walking SA
- Bushwalking Leadership South Australia
A moderate to good level of fitness is required to complete this hike. The proposed route is on grade 3 to 4 trails and includes some uneven surfaces with moderate to steep ascents and descents.
This event is suitable for children over 12 years of age accompanied by their adult and who are willing and able to complete a 3 hour trail hike.
What to bring:
- Completed Medical Info and Acknowledgement of Risk form
- Hiking boots / enclosed footwear
- Sun protection – hat plus sunscreen
- Wet weather protection (if rain forecast) – check the forecast
- Warm clothing for after the walk (jumper/jacket)
- Drinking water (minimum 1 litre per person)
- Walking poles (optional)
- Personal medication
- Hand sanitiser
Please note that the event may be cancelled in the event of a total fire ban or extreme weather, at the discretion of Walking SA.
This event is proudly supported by National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia as part of the Parks of the Fleurieu Peninsula – Park of the Month program.