Sunday 24 March 2024
Cleland National Park
Choose from two sessions:
8:30am to 11:30am, or
1pm to 4pm
Join a Walking SA Experienced Leader for a bushwalking skills session in the nature of Cleland Conservation Park, on Kaurna country.
This 3-hour small group session is designed to improve your confidence to get a bit further out on our fabulous South Australian trails. It will include a 2+ hour hike on designated trails in the park, plus some time to relax in the bush and have a chat about:
- How to plan and be well prepared for a hike
- How to stay comfortable while walking
- Equipment should you take with you
- Navigation and map resources
- What to do in an emergency
- Rules and guidelines about walking in parks
- The principles of Leave No Trace
- Walking SA
- Bushwalking Leadership South Australia
You will need to complete the medical form to participate in this event.
This event is proudly supported by National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia as part of the March Park of the Month.