Saturday 29 April 2023
Belair National Park
Choose from two sessions:
8:30am to 11:30am, or
1pm to 4pm
The date has been changed from 15 April to 29 April.
Join an experienced leader from Walking SA for a guided bushwalk & skills session in Belair National Park on Kaurna country.
This 3-hour session will include a 2 hour hike in the park plus some time to relax in the bush and have a chat about:
- How to plan and be well prepared for a hike
- How to stay comfortable while walking
- Equipment should you take with you
- Navigation and map resources
- What to do in an emergency
- Rules and guidelines about walking in parks
- The principles of Leave No Trace
- Walking SA
- Bushwalking Leadership South Australia
This event is proudly supported by National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia as part of the April’s – Park of the Month – Belair National Park.