We’re seeking someone to fulfill the role of Treasurer, due to a recent vacancy on our Board.
The position may be suitable for someone:
- with accountancy skills looking to do some volunteer work and promote walking, or
- someone looking for an addition to their CV.
The Treasurer’s role includes:
- Ensuring compliance with ATO requirements (usually GST and PAYG returns)
- Ensuring compliance with the terms of our grants and project funds (usually trust funds)
- Charging back overheads and other costs against projects where appropriate
- Planning and preparing budgets
- Tracking expenditure
- Planning cashflow requirements, including managing term deposits
- Seeking and following up new sources of funding
- Administering access to Commbiz and Xero
- Ensuring transparent reporting
The Board of Walking SA was formed in August last year, and consists of 12 members. The organisation has entered a period of exciting change: adoption of new constitution, development and implementation of a strategic plan, new logo and branding and a new website.
Walking SA is the not-for-profit peak body that leads, promotes and supports all forms of walking in South Australia, including walking for recreation, transport, health, wellbeing, organised events, adventure, environmental appreciation and fun experiences.
Our vision is to see more people walking more often.