Many volunteers and others have contributed to South Australia’s great walking trails, walking clubs, and walking promotion and opportunities for health, wellbeing, recreation and tourism.
Our annual walking awards recognise sustained and outstanding contribution to walking at all levels throughout SA. If you know of someone who should be considered for an award please do consider nominating them.
- Longstanding Contribution / Distinguished Service Award – Individual
- Special Recognition Award – Individual
- Special Recognition Award – Group / Organisation
- Local Government Award – Individual
- Local Government Award – Organisation
Criteria for awards will encompass:
- Enhanced the development of walking in South Australia and/or
- Significantly furthered the objectives of Walking SA and/or
- Developed/supported the implementation of a significant walking project/activity and/or
- Added value to the wider community of South Australia
Nominations may be made by any South Australian nominators. Referees and nominees are not required to be members of Walking SA or of a walking club. We’ll also be pleased to consider self nominations.
For more information refer to walkingsa.org.au/awards.