Walking SA calling for Expressions of Interest (EOI)
Treasurer – voluntary position on Board
We’re seeking someone to fulfill the role of Treasurer, due to a vacancy on our Board.
Our vision is to see more people walking more often. If you have some finance skills and enjoy walking in any form and want to see more people experience the benefits of walking more often, then read on.
The position may be suitable for someone:
- with suitable accountancy skills looking to do some volunteer work and promote walking and
- who has some experience in fundraising.
The Treasurer’s role includes:
- Ensuring compliance with ATO requirements (usually GST and PAYG returns)
- Ensuring compliance with the terms of our grants and project funds (usually trust funds)
- Charging back overheads and other costs against projects where appropriate
- Planning and preparing budgets
- Providing advice and tracking on expenditure
- Planning cashflow requirements, including managing term deposits
- Seeking and following up new sources of funding
- Ensuring transparent reporting
The position is supported by our Executive Officer. The Board of Walking SA was formed in August 2013 and consists of 12 members with a variety of skills.
Walking SA is the not-for-profit peak body that leads, promotes and supports all forms of walking in South Australia, including walking for recreation, transport, health, wellbeing, organised events, adventure, environmental appreciation and fun experiences.