There are often grants available for local councils and walking clubs that may be used to increase opportunities for walking. This may include trail-building and improvements to existing trails (including shade and artwork), research on walkability, signage and more.
We have listed current grants below.
LG Research and Development Scheme
- South Australia’s 68 councils
- Regional Local Government Associations
- Education Institutions and Universities
- Local Government Professional Bodies
- Local Government Unions
- State and Federal Government Agencies
- Any other organisation interested in collaborating with local government in South Australia.
About: The Local Government Research and Development Scheme funds specific projects that are “strategically for the benefit of Local Government as a whole”. Since 1998, research funded by this Scheme has delivered real benefits to SA communities, in the form of increased efficiencies, improved service delivery, and greater accountability.
Closes: 28 July, 4pm
Safer Communities Fund Round Six: Infrastructure
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- have not previously received a Safer Communities Fund Infrastructure or a Safer Communities Fund Northern Territory Infrastructure grant in earlier rounds, unless:
- you are a school or pre-school applying for funding for security guards only, or
- you are applying for infrastructure at a different project location/campus to your previous grant.
You must also be one of the following entities:
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- an Australian local government agency or body as defined in section 14
- an Australian State/Territory Government education agency or body
- a registered school or pre-school that is a legal entity (with its own unique ABN) and that can enter into a grant agreement in its own right
- a legal entity applying on behalf of a registered school or pre-school.
About: This round of the Safer Communities Fund provides schools and pre-schools, places of religious worship, community organisations and local councils with grants for crime prevention initiatives. Grants from $10,000 to $500,000. This could include lighting, fences, gates or bollards for paths/trails.
Closes: 5 August 2021
SA Heritage Grants Program
Available to: Grants are available for private owners, companies, local councils & community groups who are owners of State Heritage Places, and owners or businesses within a State Heritage Area. State Heritage Places owned by the State Government are not eligible
About: Grants are to be used to undertake conservation work or documentation on South Australia’s State heritage-listed places and heritage areas to ensure these significant places are preserved for the future – could apply to heritage trails if listed in ‘heritage areas’
Closes: late 2021
Find out more info at: https://www.environment.sa.gov.au/topics/heritage/heritage-grants