- 8.9 km circuit
- 4 hours return
- Suitable for
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Mount Remarkable National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 17 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
A circuit hike along the full length of Alligator Gorge, including the Narrows and the Terraces. Explore the gorge during Spring to see abundant wildflowers.
The Narrows is a gorge a couple of metres wide which stretches for several hundred metres. The Terraces are a series of platforms which the creek flows down.
Walking anti-clockwise, when you leave the gorge and reach the Ring Route Track, you could undertake a short sidetrip by turning right and heading up the firetrack to The Battery for spectacular views over the Spencer Gulf.