- 4.4 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Trail Running
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Black Hill Conservation Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 7 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
A short circuit hike through Ambers Gully in Black Hill Conservation Park, and on to the Sugarloaves Track to the top of the hill and the fire track. The circuit is along some of the Yurrebilla Trail. The trail is mostly narrow walking track, with some fire track at the top. Good opportunities to spot koalas in Ambers Gully. Views over the Adelaide Plains.
Start the hike from the car park on Gorge Road.
Access via Public Transport
This hike is easily accessed via Adelaide Metro bus, on route 178 to bus stop 36 Quondong Avenue, Athelstone.
Extend this Hike
- Continue south to the summit of Black Hill (1.8km) before returning
- Continue south on the Yurrebilla Trail to Morialta