- 3.1 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Arkaroo Rock is a significant cultural site for the Adnyamathanha people of the Flinders Ranges. This hike goes to a rock shelter with their rock paintings featuring ochre and charcoal images that depict the Yura Muda (Dreaming, or creation story) of Ikara (Wilpena Pound).
Enjoy spectacular views of the Chace Range at sunset. The rock paintings are best seen in morning light.
The trail includes bridges and regular seating benches. There is interpretive signage at the carpark trailhead.
Download KML/KMZ file
Download GPX file