- 4.2 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Black Hill Conservation Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 10 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
An excellent short circuit hike through Black Hill Conservation Park to the summit of Black Hill. The trail is mostly narrow walking track, with some fire track at the top. Views over the Adelaide Plains.
Being this hike at the end of Addison Road, Athelstone.
Access via Public Transport
This hike is easily accessed via Adelaide Metro bus, on route 178 to bus stop 38 Coulls Road, Athelstone.
Extend this Hike
- Continue north along the fire track on the summit to the top of the Ghost Tree Gully Track, and return via the Ghost Gum Summit Trail Link (2.5km extra)
- Continue north along the fire track on the summit to the top of the Sugarloaves Track (2km), follow that track down on to the Ambers Gully Hike to Gorge Road (2km), and return south on the Tucks Track and Joann Track (2.5km)