- 12 km return
- To 1st pool return 10km - 4 hours return. To 2nd pool return 12 km - 5 hours return.
- Suitable for
- Grade 5, Trek
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 4 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
Beginning at Angorichina Village, on the Parachilna to Blinman Road, you’ll follow the Parachilna and Blinman Creeks, as they wind their way through beautiful rugged country. In some places, sheer cliffs rise almost straight up from the creekbed, providing a spectacular backdrop.
The two spring-fed creeks keep the first pool filled with water all year round. The second pool is low in summer, but after big rains it can fill up to 3 metres. At these times, the cool green waters stretch about 20-30 metres across. The Blinman Pools, with their pretty waterfalls, have been popular picnic spots since the 1800s.
Total walk 12 kms – 5 hrs return.
- To 1st pool return 10km – 4 hrs return.
- From 1st to 2nd pool 1 km – 1 hour return
There are physically demanding sections, no formal track is developed. It is a challenging walk.
- Rocky creek bed to large boulders, steep inclines.
- Hiking boots recommended.
Best time to walk April – October.
Signs used for direction and distance indicators and points of interest along the walk.