- 18.6 km return
- 6 hours return
- Suitable for
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Experience some of the iconic 1,200km Heysen Trail by walking out to Bridle Gap, on the south-western escarpment edge of Wilpena Pound. The trail passes through the Pound Gap and past Hills Homestead, contining across the Pound floor. A variety of mallee, native pine and heath habitats provide excellent opportunities for keen naturalists to observe local birds including wrens, robins, parrots and raptors.
Start the hike from the Wilpena Visitor Centre complex.