- 2.5 km circuit
- 1 hour
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Trail Running
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Canunda National Park
- Limestone Coast
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
Enjoy this highlight walk in Canunda National Park, looping around Cape Buffon.
The walk includes some of the spectacular wild coast, some of the calmer bay-side coast and beaches and inland coastal vegetation, and climb to a trig point.
The walk highlights how the forces of wind and waves have shaped the limestone cliffs, sea stacks, reef platforms and vegetation along the coast. A variety of plants can be found along the trail.
The walk can be started from either of these carparks:
- carpark at Rainbow Rocks
- trailhead and carpark next to the National Parks and Wildlife Service SA Southend office at 103 Cape Buffon Drive. The actual trailhead is located on the sideroad heading to Rainbow Rocks.
- The Cape Buffon carpark at the end of Cape Buffon Drive
- A gravel carpark near Ocean Foods near 144 Cape Buffon Drive