About the Historical walk
A self-guided historical walk of Watervale with brochure. Watervale is located on Eyre Creek, which is a tributary of the Wakefield River. The area on which the town was settled was originally granted to a pioneer named David Davies in 1847 by Governor Robe, and he named this section of land Watervale. The area was settled by a number of Protestant families who founded a Bible Methodist Church in the township. The current Uniting Church and accompanying hall are examples of such colonial constructions in the area.
Brochure prepared by the Mount Horrocks Historical Society.