- 37.8 km one way
- 5-6 hours per stage
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Cycling
- Clare Valley
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 7 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1-2 hours
About the Walking Trail
The trail will be a 100km loop of hiking and cycling trails. The trail will travel on a network of backroads, road reserves & private property. Where possible the hiking trail follows cross country trail routes, where as the cycling route sticks to roads. From our calculations, about 36% of the route for walkers is trails, and 63% country dirt roads. Walkers would take 5 days to complete the entire route, cyclists between 2 & 5 days.
Once complete, the trail will pass 24 cellar doors and numerous restaurants and cafes.
Stage 1 of the trail was opened in April 2021. The trail will consist of 5 stages, each approx 20km in length. The target completion date for stages 2 – 5 is Easter 2022.
- Stage 1: Clare Visitor Centre to Armagh Walk (Jim Barry Wines), 5-6 hours 20.4km – opened in April 2021
- Stage 2: Armagh (Jim Barry Wines) to Spring Gully Walk (Jeanneret Wines Cellar Door), 5-6 hours 17.4km – opened in October 2021
The trail begins and ends at the Clare Valley Wine, Food & Tourism Centre. Printed maps can be purchased here.
Find out more about the trail and view maps at cvwwt.com.au.