- 38 km one way
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Dog Walking, Get to by public transport, Jogging, Cycling
- Wheelchair accessible
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Fleurieu Peninsula
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
This trail begins at the train station at Marino Rocks and follows an old railway corridor south to McLaren Vale and Willunga. The one-way distance is 38km. The section from McLaren Vale to Willunga is known as the Shiraz Trail. That trail is flatter and more scenic, taking in wineries and vineyards, than the northern section of the Coast to Vines Trail which goes through suburbs.
- Full Coast to Vines Trail, 38km one-way
- Shiraz Trail, from McLaren Vale (Almond Train) to Willunga, 7.4km one-way
The northern-most section of the Coast to Vines Trail follows some roadside paths. The better trail begins at Old Reynella, heading south.
The shared-use trail is generally bitumised wide path, following a tree-lined raised railway embankment.
The Shiraz Trail, south of McLaren Vale, could be considered wheelchair friendly.
Read more about the Shiraz Trail walk on Weekend Notes.