- 4.7 km circuit
- 1h 20min loop
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Mountain Biking
- Grade 2, Moderate Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Padthaway Conservation Park
- Limestone Coast
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 5 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Explore the Currawong Loop (the northern loop) in Padthaway Conservation Park. This loop walk takes you through a range of remnant native vegetation that has adapted to the harsh Australian environment and poor soils of this ancient sand dune system upon which this area was built.
Where to start the hike
- Start from the carpark on Beeamma-Parsons Rd and follow the Orchid Track to the start of the Currawong Loop, this makes a 4.7km hike.
- You can start from Padthaway Rd, this makes a 3.0km hike.
Extend the walk
Extend the walk by taking in one of these: