- 4.4 km return
- 2 hours, 4.4km return
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Enjoy this hike out along a long ridge to Devils Nose Lookout, with views along the ridge and lookout.
Begin this hike from:
- the car park and trailhead on the west side of the lake (Lake Road West).
- or another the car park on Para Wirra Drive (the main entrance road) – it is the first car park from the main entrance off Humbug Scrub Road.
The walk starts off along an easy fire track, before continuing along a walking trail. Along the walking trail there are some small rocky sections.
View the Devils Nose Hike Brochure.
Extend the Hike
Extend the hike from a return 5.0km to a 8.5km circuit hike with the South Para Grand Hike. There are superb views from the rocks at Lizard Rock into Wild Dog Creek. Descend into Wild Dog Creek at the northern end of this hike, and glimpse views of Devils Nose from below as you gradually contour around on the ascent to the lookout. The Hissey Trail walks around the main Lake.