- 2.4 km return
- 1.5 to 3 hours return
- Suitable for
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 10 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
From the summit you will be rewarded with extensive panoramic views of Quorn, the Southern Flinders Ranges, the Horseshoe Range, Pichi Richi Pass, Port August, Upper Spencer Gulf and beyond to Wilpena Pound.
Devil’s Peak is 697m high, and along this walk you may observe many good examples of “faulting”, discover fossil impressions of ancient lifeforms, and see a variety of native fauna and flora.
The walk is closed during the summer Fire Danger Season.
Update early 2019: The walking trail is now open all-year round.
Driving Directions to Trailhead
Access the trail from Richmans Valley Road, out of Quorn.
- Begin from the corner of West and South Terrace in Quorn
- Follow Richmans Valley Road for 2.7km
- Then turn right onto a dirt road heading south (this road may not be GPS navigation devices).
- This road is 6.1km long and ends in the carpark for the Devil’s Peak Walking Trail.