- 10.6 km circuit
- 5 hours
- Suitable for
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- The Dutchmans Stern Conservation Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 11 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
- Total climb
About the Walking Trail
Hike the prominent landmark bluff known as the Dutchmans Stern. Home to a host of plants and animals, explore the rugged landscape.
Make your way to the summit via the walking trail. The summit offers spectacular views of Spencer Gulf, surrounding ranges and the Willochra Plain.
Choice of two walks:
- 10.6km circuit walk, 5 hours
- 4.2km one-way to Summit Viewpoint, allow 2 hours (4 hours return)
Follow the interpretive guide & map, featuring plants, animals and geology found along the trail. The guide was produced by the Walking Trails Support Group, in conjunction with the Royal Geographic Society of SA.
The trail is well made, with gentle grades, and some rocky, but not steep, sections.