- 14.6 km circuit
- 5-6 hour loop
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Mountain Biking
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Padthaway Conservation Park
- Limestone Coast
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 map PDFs
- 2 GPS files
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Explore the park on an extended loop of Padthaway Conservation Park, including the northern section of the park.
This is not a marked, named trail, so you will need to navigate along the access tracks through the park, however about half of the walk follows the named, marked trails:
- Banksia Loop, marked in red on the map
- The Orchid Track, marked in green on the map
- Currawong Loop, marked in grey on the map
This loop walk takes you through a range of remnant native vegetation that has adapted to the harsh Australian environment and poor soils of this ancient sand dune system upon which this area was built.
Where to start the hike
- Start from the carpark on Beeamma-Parsons Rd and follow the Orchid Track, Currawong Loop, then navigating along tracks in the northern section of the park before returning along the Banksia Loop.
- Start from Padthaway Road, and navigate along tracks in the northern section of the park before returning along the Banksia Loop, Orchid Track and Currawong Loop.
Take a shorter walk
To experience a shorter walk, try one of these: