- 2 km circuit
- Suitable for
- Walking, Dog Walking, Jogging
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Jo Gapper Activity Park is one of the jewels in the crown of Playford’s Parks, Reserves and Playgrounds. Fitting neatly into all three categories, the park features a children’s playground, sporting facilities, including football oval, basketball and tennis courts, walking trail and lookout, and a spacious off-lead dog park for your four-legged friends.
Two family friendly trails, near a playground and dog park, at the Jo Gapper Activity Park at Hillbank.
- 2km Walking Loop (orange): Starting at the playground, the gravel path leads up to the newly redeveloped Rotary look out that provides a scenic view of much of the City of Playford. The path follows a fire track through native bushland which includes Bush For Life conservation areas to protect native plant, bird and animal species. Dogs on leads are welcome on the 1km loop but not the 2km loop due to the Bush For Life protected areas.
- 1.7km Adventure Loop (green): Starting at the playground, the gravel path leads up to the newly redeveloped Rotary look out that provides a scenic view of much of the City of Playford
The trails are suitable for families, however are not pram or stroller accessible.
An English migrant of the 1950s, Jo Gapper OAM was the first elected Mayor of Munno Para Council. After becoming widowed in 1974, Mrs Gapper threw herself into a life of community service, including spending 15 years on Council, with 10 as Mayor. She co-founded the Greening of Munno Para Group (now Playford Greening and Landcare Group) and was involved in the development of the Munno Para Shopping Centre. Mrs Gapper received the Order of Australia Medal in 1987.
Please note that the gates to the carpark at Jo Gapper Activity Park are shut at sunset each day.