- 1.3 km circuit
- 30 mins
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Dog Walking, Get to by public transport, Trail Running
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Anstey Hill Recreation Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 7 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
The Geological Hike is a quiet hike located in the little-visited south west corner of the park. The trail explores the quarries and trails near the geological feature known as ‘The Gun Emplacement’, with interpretive signage along the way detailing local history and the environment. More information about the Gun Emplacement can be found on the Friends of Anstey Hill website.
The hike begins from Gate 9 off Lower North East Road.
As at early March 2017, the trail is not yet marked with arrows, but the trail posts are in place. Walking clockwise, without the arrows choosing which trail to walk can be problematic. We anticipate that arrows would be installed by mid April 2017.
The trail is for hikers only, mountain bikes are not permitted.