- 3.4 km one way
- 2 hours one-way
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Mountain Biking
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Onkaparinga River National Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 8 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Hike across the park, descending down into the river gorge and crossing the Onkaparinga River.
North of the river the hike follows the Gorge Hike along Sundews Ridge.
The hike follows fire tracks, and the descend into and climb out of the river gorge is steep and may be slippery after rains. The river is often impassable during wet periods.
The hike is 3.4km one-way or 6.8km return. In the north it can be commenced from the carpark at Gate 11 on Piggott Range Road. There are toilets here. In the south it can be commenced from Gate 20 on Chapel Hill Road.