About the Walking Trail
During his exploration of southern Australia in 1802, explorer Matthew Flinders rowed to the end of Pelican Lagoon and walked to the top of the large sand dune which he named Prospect Hill. The Investigator Trail is short and follows his 1802 steps from the lagoon to the hill.
The trail begins from a commemorative plaque in the roadside carpark on the northern side of Hog Bay Road (there is a brown historical site sign pointing to the carpark), near the intersection of Muston Road. After crossing Hog Bay Road, the trail follows the dirt road to the carpark at the base of Prospect Hill. From there follow the trail to the top of Prospect Hill.