- 1.7 km circuit
- 30 mins
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Kinchina Conservation Park
- Murray River, Lakes & Coorong
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 4 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1-2 hours
About the Walking Trail
Walk a 1.7km loop in Kinchina Conservation Park on the Jailhouse Rocks Loop.
Start the hike from Maurice Road. The trail is well marked.
The Rocky Gully creek meanders through the park to the north, with beautiful granite outcrops forming features. In the later parts of the year the area is blossoming orchids, lilies and beautiful spring wildflowers. Patience might reward you with a sighting of several rare birds, including the diamond firetail, restless flycatcher or a hooded robin.