- 1 km circuit
- 30 mins
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Hiking, Dog Walking, Cycling
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Trail manager
- National Parks and Wildlife Service South Australia
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 7 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
This popular short trail is great for families where you can soak up the tranquil setting of Para Wirra’s lake. You’re sure to see many waterbirds and bush birds along the way, so bring your binoculars. Great in the morning and late afternoon.
With small kids you can walk as they ride their bikes.
The trail is wheelchair accessible, National Parks and Wildlife Service SA recommends starting from the East Lake carpark and follow the trail in a clockwise direction. The trail loops around the lake on a hard packed gravel trail with a few slight rises that may require some assistance.
Although this walk is marked as being Wheelchair Accessible, some people may require assistance.
The National Parks and Wildlife Service SA Accessibility webpage has useful information about accessibility within national parks, including specific details about accessible parks, trails, picnic grounds, carparking and toilets.