- 3 km circuit
- 1h 25mins
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Hiking, Dog Walking, Jogging
- Grade 1, Easy Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Belair National Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 12 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
3km loop, 1 hour 45 minutes
Wind your way past Old Government House and the State Flora Nursery, then stop for a rest at the Adventure Playground.
This gently sloping trail features natural and heritage sites. It passes majestic old red gums and blue gums, as well as endangered ecosystem of grey box woodland.
Find a quite spot along the trail to stand or sit quietly and watch some of Belair’s most beautiful birds. Nectar-feeding birds are attracted here almost all-year-round by various blossoming gums. The noisiest and most colourful species are lorikeets and rosellas. Wildflowers are prominent in spring in the bushland along Workanda Creek.
The wide gravelled surface is suitable for most abilities, and for strollers. There are numerous flat rocks scattered along the trail for suitable as seating rest spots.
Access the Trail From
- the park Information Office at the main park entry
- Government Farm 2 picnic area
- Pines 2 picnic area
- Old Government House
- Adventure Playground