- 7.5 km circuit
- 4 hours
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Dog Walking, Trail Running
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Para Wirra Conservation Park
- Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Follow the walking trail downstream along Mack Creek through a valley of magnificent river red gums. Look out for the beautiful orchids flowering in late winter and spring.
The return route is along the fire tracks that follow parallel to the nearby roads, and although less than 2km is parallel to a bitumen road. The fire tracks are shared trails with horse riders.
The hike could be extended by following part of the Horseplay Trail to the west.
Begin the hike from either:
- Mack Creek Hike Carpark on Humbug Scrub Road, which is 0.5km beyond the main Para Wirra Conservation Park entrance
- a carpark on the corner of Humbug Scrub Road and Bassnet Road, which is 2.6km beyond the main Para Wirra Conservation Park entrance