- 1.6 km one way
- 45min - 60mins return
- Suitable for
- Walking, Wheelchair Accessible, Dog Walking, Jogging, Cycling
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 map PDFs
- 2 GPS files
- 2 website links
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
The Matulick Riverfront Trail is located along the beautiful banks of the Murray at Renmark and provides directions and a step count to help walkers stride towards 10,000 steps a day, all whilst enjoying the splendour of the Mighty Murray River.
The trail can be commenced and ended at the Visitor Information Centre. The trail is 1.6km one-way (3.2km return). You can easily extend your walk:
- Walk onto the caravan park along the foreshore, 2.35km one-way (4.7km return)
- Make a loop by walking onto the Lock 5 Loop Trail Start Point, and turning right (so not commencing along the Lock 5 Loop Trail) and walking along the shared path back into Renmark to Darnley Taylor Park, then closing the loop by walking along Renmark Avenue back to the river.
approx 5.3km loop
- Continuing along the Lock 5 Loop Trail, 10.7km return
- Continuing along the Lock 5 Loop Trail for 200m then into Paringa Paddocks, 8.7km return
Renmark Paringa Council doesn’t note that the paths are wheelchair accessible, however the Shared Path is flat/gentle gradient and suitable for wheels. The riverside shared path between the Lock 5 Loop Trail Start Point and the caravan park, and the boardwalk out to the island would be suitable for wheelchairs, although the boardwalk does not have any edging.
The map of Matulick Riverfront Trail is available on the Avenza app.