- 6.5 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Trail Running, Mountain Biking
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Mount Remarkable National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 9 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 2+ hours
About the Walking Trail
The Monitor Loop trail in Willowie Forest meanders along the foothills of the Mount Remarkable Range. The trail crosses several shallow watercourses and reaches the highest areas of Willowie Forest.
The trails in Willowie Forest, part of Mount Remarkable National Park, were built in opened in late 2017. The shared-use trails are for walkers and mountain bikers – although as the area is generally flat, and the trails mostly on wide fire tracks, it’s an ideal shared-use trail environment.
There are three trail loops in Willowie Forest:
Access the trailhead from the carpark and picnic area for Willowie Forest, which is 7.7km by road north of Melrose. You can also access it via the Southern Flinders Rail Trail, 4.8km north of the Melrose Showgrounds, or 6.8km north of Melrose.