- 11.3 km circuit
- 4-6 hours return
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Trail Running
- Grade 5, Trek
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Mount Remarkable National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 12 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
A demanding loop hike over the summit of Mt Cavern and back down into and along Mambray Creek.
When walking anti-clockwise, the hike to the summit is steep, but the trail is easily followed. High up the trail follows a long ridge up and down before reaching the summit of Mt Cavern. The trail down from the summit is steep, before following a flat trail for the last 4km along Mambray Creek back to the trailhead.
Begin at Mambray Creek Campground / Day Visitor Area.