- 4.2 km circuit
- 1.25 hour
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Dog Walking, Get to by public transport, Trail Running
- Limestone Coast
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 19 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Enjoy spectacular views across the Valley Lake and Blue Lake, and cross the saddle between the Valley Lake and Leg of Mutton Lake.
The trail on the southern rim up to the Centenary Tower is steep, with stairs to the west of the tower, and a steep incline to the east. The Blue Gum Trail offers an alternative easier route around the Tower.
Although anti-clockwise is often recommended, clockwise is just as good.
Start the hike at either of these lookouts / carparks:
- Mark’s Lookout, on the corner of Davison Drive and Elliott Drive (there are trailhead signs here).
- Lions Lookout, at the end of Elliott Drive.
- Rotary Clubs Lookout (also known as Potters Point Lookout), at the end of Hay Drive.
If you’re looking for an easier, shorter hike, perhaps try the Pepperpot Trail.
If you’re looking for an easier walk, try the Blue Lake Circuit.