- 4.7 km circuit
- 2 hours
- Suitable for
- Hiking, Trail Running
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Mt Billy Conservation Park
- Fleurieu Peninsula
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 8 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1-2 hours
About the Walking Trail
A circuit hike following fire tracks and climbing Mt Billy. Part of the hike is on a fire track that follows the bitumen road, but is nonetheless quite pleasant.
The hike is through low woodland sheoak, adn tall forests of Pink and Blue Gum. In Spring, especially in the northern section, watch out for wildflowers, including orchids.
The highest point of this walk about 260m above sea level, and the hike starts at 125m, so there is a 135m elevation gain over the hike.
Start the hike from either:
- Gate 1 on Hindmarsh Tiers Road, there is a small roadside pull off area here for parking (this is easier to find than the next gate), or
- an unnumbered Gate on Hindmarsh Tiers Road, there is small dead-end track leading 40m off the road which ends at the gate, and has room for 1-2 cars to park.
A shorter version of this hike, which is much flatter, is the Banksia Hike.