- 4.2 km circuit
- 2-3 hours
- Suitable for
- Grade 3, Moderate Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Bullock Hill Conservation Park
- Fleurieu Peninsula
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- 10 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
This hike is a larger loop, combining the Heathland Hike and Eucalypt Hike. The hike traverses dense mallee eucalypt heathland, with an abundance of acacias, banksia, tea-tree and hakea, as well as open grasslands.
The trails in the park are not well marked – there are some markers, and the trails can be ambiguous sometimes. There are a couple of spots on this hike which might be confusing to follow:
- In the central area of this hike, you enter a clearing, and there then seems to be multiple tracks and trails leading out. Take the trail to the north west, there is a marker here. You can also walk north east, following some trails which lead onto a long open ridge – there is a fire track here and it is easy and enjoyable enough to follow, and keep walking until you near the northern boundary fence.
- Along the most northern section, walking west-east the trail can be tricky to follow, however the ground becomes more open to the west, and the fence here can guide you.