- 2 km return
- 1 hour return
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking, Trail Running
- Grade 2, Moderate Walk
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Onkaparinga River National Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 4 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
A new trail opened in Spring 2017 as part of the Government of South Australia’s $10 million upgrade of the Adelaide’s national parks.
The 1km (2km return) trail visits a new lookout above The Punchbowl, where you can see spectacular views into the Onkaparinga Gorge. The trail is a consistent one metre wide and made of compacted gravel, and with gentle contoured gradients, so as such is suitable suitable for people of all abilities, including those with mobility access issues, wheelchairs and prams. There is some seating mid-way along the trail.
Some people using wheelchairs may require assistance on the way back up the trail to the car park.
Alternative Longer Hike
View an alternative 6km loop trail to reach the Lookout begins from Sundews Carpark.