- 8.4 km return
- 4 hours return
- Suitable for
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Ikara-Flinders Ranges National Park
- Flinders Ranges & Outback
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 2 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
About the Walking Trail
Hike up to the top of Red Hill for views of the Aroona Valley and and south to the peaks of Wilpena Pound. The hike includes some steep fire track sections.
Begin the hike from the carpark at Aroona Campground, the trail follows the Heysen Trail out from the northern end of the campground.
The trail is 4.2km one-way, and 8.4km return.
An alternative to this hike is the Yuluna Hike.