- 4.2 km return
- 2.5 hours
- Suitable for
- Walking, Hiking
- Grade 4, Hard Hike
- Park (national park, conservation park, forest, reserve)
- Onkaparinga River National Park
- Adelaide City & Suburbs, Adelaide Hills
- Download maps & GPS files
- 2 GPS files
- 1 website link
- 6 photosJump to Photos section
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1 hour or less
About the Walking Trail
Walk down into Onkaparinga Gorge, experiencing spectacular views across the gorge and walking to the edge of waterholes. This area has the most intact native vegetation in the park. It starts off along gentle slopes, but becomes steeper as you descend into the gorge.
Start from the 2017 built carpark (near the new campground) at Gate 15 on Chapel Hill Road.
At the end of the trail head downstream a short distance to link with the Gorge Hike (previously known as the Sundews River).