- 3.3 km circuit
- 1.25 hours
- Self-guided heritage walk with brochure
- Suitable for
- Walking, Get to by public transport
- Murray River, Lakes & Coorong
- Download maps & GPS files
- 1 map PDF
- 2 GPS files
- Travel options
- Travel time from Adelaide
- 1-2 hours
About the Historical walk
Explore the history of the town of Murray Bridge. The town was established when a road bridge over the Murray River (which is how the city got its name) was completed in 1879. It was followed in 1886 by the Adelaide-Melbourne railway line which guaranteed that the city’s importance as a vital link across the river was assured. The original township was laid out in 1883 and was called Mobilong.
Download the map and brochure (marked in green).
Explore the other walk in the series: River and Rail Heritage Walk 1.